Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I missed you today

Oh my friend, my friend- I missed you today
far from you my thoughts would not stray
I miss your smile, your gentle words,
friendships laughter, jokes unheard.

Oh my friend, my friend- where are you today?
far from you my thoughts will not stray.
My mind, it hovers about your head
and marks the paths your feet have tread

Oh my friend, my friend- what keeps you away?
far from you my heart cannot stray!
I need your presence, the reassurance of your touch
I did not know I could miss anyone this much.

Oh my friend, my friend- what ransom must I pay
for those thoughts you stole today?

This is an attempt to recreate a poem I wrote a few months ago. I lost the final copy- but it was even cooler that this... much wittier and more playful. So really this is just a rough draft. If I ever find the finished version I'll post a copy... or maybe I'll just refine this one...
-DRS

No comments:

Post a Comment